According to the governing bodies, you are now disallowed to initiate any new positions (though you can always close out preexisting positions) for a period of 90 days. You do have options which are:
- Deposit funds into the account which bring the account value greater than USD 25,000. Accounts valued greater than USD 25,000 are allowed unlimited day trades.
- Request a PDT Reset through Client Portal.
- Go the Support Section in Client Portal followed by the Message Center.
- Select Pattern Day Trader Request from the Compose drop down menu.
- The Patter Day Trader request tool will launch and the system will check to see if the account is eligible for a PDT reset.
- Check the box that says “I have read and consent to the acknowledgment and click the Send Reset Request button. A confirmation will will populate and you will want to select Yes to submit your PDT reset request.