Handy Trader provides an extra layer of security for your account when you log in to your ToledoTrade account. Handy Trader uses Face ID, finger print technology or a PIN to authenticate your login session. While other brokers may not provide this, we require two-factor authentication to protect your account.
- Apple iPhone or iPad device with iOS 11.0 or later with Touch ID (fingerprint reader) or Face ID (facial recognition) or on an Android Device with version 5.0 or later that has not been rooted
Steps to enable two-factor authentication for Handy Trader:
- Download Handy Trader on Google Play for Android or the App Store on Apple.
- Open the Handy Trader app on your phone and allow notifications.
- Register Two-Factor, review instructions and then tap Continue.
- Enter your ToledoTrade Account Username and Password and then tap Continue.
- The default mobile phone number on record for your account will be already selected. If you are not able to receive text messages (SMS) on that number, you should choose a different one from the list (if applicable) or add a new one.
- An activation code will be sent by text. For Android phones, you must also enter a pin.Enter the token in the Activation Code field. Then tap Activate.
- Your account is now enabled for two-factor authentication using the mobile device. You will use this when you log in to any of the trading platforms.